The Learning Council meet regularly to shares ideas on how we could improve the school and to take the lead on a range of events and campaigns.
What kind of person makes a good school councillor?
• Good listener – everyone in the class has to feel comfortable talking to you
• Organised – it will be your responsibility to make sure meetings happen in your class on a regular basis
• Assertive – the opinions of your class are just as important as everyone else’s
• Efficient – class discussions must cover a lot of issues in a short space of time
• Fair – everyone has the right to express a point of view
• Good communicator – you need to be able to work with staff and students from across the school, and also visitors to the school might want to talk to you.
Please see the link below for our 2017-18 Learning Council representatives.